Compliance and Education are not the same thing. A student may look as though they are complying but that does not mean they are engaged and learning.” – Lisa Wright
Join Dr. Vaish Sarathy in this episode to dive into a transformative conversation on education and inclusion for Autistic children and children with Down Syndrome in schools with IEP coach Lisa Wright. If IEPs are challenging for you, if you spend restless nights awake in sheer terror anticipating a meeting and after an IEP meeting or a meeting with your child’s school, this episode is for you!
In this episode you will learn about:
– The number 1 skill that teachers can benefit from…
– Why your student is more than a “buddy” or “kiddo”
– Common conflicts at IEP meetings
– Tools for parents to help navigate school meetings
– Why compliance and engagement are different
– Why goals should focus on the learner strengths, not behaviors.
– What a neurodiversity affirming IEP looks like!
Disclaimer: The information in this Podcast is for educational purposes only. Vaishnavi Sarathy, Ph.D. is an educator, not a doctor, specifically not your child’s doctor. Please consult your physician before implementing any supplement or diet recommendations.