In this episode, we explore the concept of the ‘alarm state’ in children and why what we perceive as behavior might actually be a response to stress and overwhelm. We will also learn specific tools to support your children when they are in that alarm state.
Michelle Brown, Herbalist, Functional Nutrition Practitioner and Biology of Trauma Practitioner leads us to understand the different states of our kids’ nervous systems when they are stressed.
We discuss how to recognize these states, build resources into your daily life, and provide sensory support for your child.
- Child behavior as a response to stress and overwhelm. 0:00
- Childhood overwhelm and shutdown responses. 4:58
- Managing childhood overwhelm and building resilience. 9:55
- Autism and sensory overload. 15:16
- Managing overwhelm and chronic freeze response in moms. 20:00
- Supporting children’s nervous systems. 24:17
- Addressing biochemical imbalances in children. 29:07
Find Michelle at www.botanacea.com
Reviews and Feedback: We value your feedback and encourage you to leave a review to help us improve our content.
Disclaimer: The information in this Podcast is for educational purposes only. Vaishnavi Sarathy, Ph.D. is an educator, not a doctor, specifically not your child’s doctor. Please consult your physician before implementing any supplement or diet recommendations.