In Episode 120, Dr. Erica Peirson and I discuss the potential risks and concerns associated with carbohydrate restrictive diets, particularly for children.
CAUTION: If you / your child is already on a restrictive diet, especially for medical needs, please do not make changes without the support and Ok of a medical / nutritional professional as the case may be. This conversation is for educational purposes only. Restrictive diets are hard and tricky, so make sure you have someone by your side who knows what they are doing, and who can help you navigate.
In this episode, you will learn:
- Purpose of the GAPS diet. 2:48
- Why GAPS can fail your child? 9:12
- Restrictive diets that restrict carbohydrates. 14:57
- The story of a child who turned around when carbs were introduced. 17:54
- Respect for the child and their body. 22:56
- What to do about the fear of sugar and carbs. 29:12
- Gut motility and the microbiome. 37:03
- How to figure out grains and gluten? 42:06
Non-Linear Education taught by Vaish Sarathy, Ph.D. [How to teach any child with an Intellectual Delay] will soon be open for enrollment.
Disclaimer: The information in this Podcast is for educational purposes only. Vaishnavi Sarathy, Ph.D. is an educator, not a doctor, specifically not your child’s doctor. Please consult your physician before implementing any supplement or diet recommendations.