The biggest variable in communication for Autistic kids / adults is REGULATION. In today’s podcast Casey DePriest explains Polyvagal Theory and how this explains behavior and regulation in our kids.
Make sure to tune in now to learn:
- What is the difference between a top-down and bottom-up approach to behavior?
- Why asking a child to change their behavior doesn’t work
- The 3 types of movement challenges that Autistic kids face
- How do music and rhythm impact our children’s movement
- Why regulation is the most important part of communication
And much more!
You can find Casey at www.optimalaccess.org
You can download 6 learning strategies/ hacks for your kid with Autism here:
Disclaimer: The information in this Podcast is for educational purposes only. Vaishnavi Sarathy, Ph.D. is an educator, not a doctor, specifically not your child’s doctor. Please consult your physician before implementing any supplement or diet recommendations.